[comp.unix.ultrix] UUCP through terminal server under ULTRIX

milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) (07/21/89)

On a DEC ultrix computer, either a DECstation (mips based) or
VAX (CVAX based) is it possible to run UUCP both dial in and
dial out through a serial port on a DEC terminal server?

Greg Corson
19141 Summers Drive
South Bend, IN 46637
(219) 277-5306
{pur-ee,rutgers,uunet}!iuvax!ndmath!milo

In article <1488@ndmath.UUCP> milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) writes:
> On a DEC ultrix computer, either a DECstation (mips based) or
> VAX (CVAX based) is it possible to run UUCP both dial in and
> dial out through a serial port on a DEC terminal server?

It is definitely possible to do incoming uucp thru a terminal server,
or at least it was until 3.0 somehow or other screwed up raw mode
handling in LAT.  It'll still work, but you'll get a lot of errors
and retries.

Outgoing is more problematical, I would say that you should be
able to do it with the new features for associating LAT ports with
LAT pseudo-devices that show up in 3.0, however I haven't got
around to implementing it yet.

davew@gvgpsa.GVG.TEK.COM (David C. White) (07/21/89)

In article <1488@ndmath.UUCP> milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) writes:
>On a DEC ultrix computer, either a DECstation (mips based) or
>VAX (CVAX based) is it possible to run UUCP both dial in and
>dial out through a serial port on a DEC terminal server?

I would like to hear an answer to this also.  The question was asked
once before here about problems with protocol based file transfers
through a terminal server, but I never saw or missed the response, if
any.  I have tried X/YMODEM with a direct connect line and UUCP
through both a modem and direct lines through a DECserver 200 with no
success.  I set the port exactly as described in the manual, but no
luck.  I sure would like to know how this is supposed to be done.  It
apparently works under VMS, so I am wondering if it has something to do
with the how the port is set under Ultrix.
--
David White	Grass Valley Group, Inc.   VOICE: +1 916.478.3052
P.O. Box 1114  	Grass Valley, CA  95945    FAX: +1 916.478.3778