[comp.unix.ultrix] Dropping DSR under 3.0 aka 3.1 fun

In article <7382@cbmvax.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:

> The 3.0 release broke all DSR support in a way that hasn't been clearly
> explained.  A large set of patches available on the 3.0 patch tape
> from the support center is supposed to fix what broke for the supported
> drivers.  It didn't patch the unsupported DH11 driver, and I am having
> DSR/DTR type problems with modems on the DH11.

Well, I just finished installing the 3.1 upgrade, and I'll have to
confess it went down pretty smoothly.  Only problems were when I
tried to run the setld under script (love those log files) and it
tried to update the script program, and it wrote over one or two of
the files I'd modified, but that's why one makes backups...

Anyway, the DH11 driver problems seem fixed, and it now remembers
how to hang up the phone!  A little sigh of relief that some of
the "non-supported software" got fixed.

It looks like all the LAT code was replaced with a later version,
though there's no particular mention of LAT changes/fixes in the
release notes.  I'll have to do some testing to see if the problem
in that area got fixed.