[comp.unix.ultrix] VT300's on Ultrix 3.0

rainwatr@ucunix.SAN.UC.EDU (Don Rainwater) (08/03/89)

	We have a couple of VT340 terminals that connect to our Ultrix
3.0 system via DECserver 100 terminal servers.  Occasionally, the
VT340's will become completely frozen when the connection is made to the
Ultrix system (they get the system header and the login: prompt, and
then lock up).

	When this happens, nothing gets them out.  They can't hit the
break key or anything else to get unstuck.  Clearing communications,
resetting the terminal, and even power-cycling have no effect.

	The terminals are set for VT300 mode, 7 bit controls (if that
matters).  Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Is there a
solution?  Thanks for any information.

--
Don Rainwater, Univ. of Cincinnati Computer Center
rainwatr@ucunix.san.uc.edu

In article <25@ucunix.SAN.UC.EDU> rainwatr@ucunix.SAN.UC.EDU (Don Rainwater) writes:

> 	We have a couple of VT340 terminals that connect to our Ultrix
> 3.0 system via DECserver 100 terminal servers.  Occasionally, the
> VT340's will become completely frozen when the connection is made to the
> Ultrix system (they get the system header and the login: prompt, and
> then lock up).
>
> 	When this happens, nothing gets them out.  They can't hit the
> break key or anything else to get unstuck.  Clearing communications,
> resetting the terminal, and even power-cycling have no effect.

Is it the terminal getting wedged or the the server port.  You might
try logging out the offending port on the server from another port
(hopefully the DS 100 can do this, we have only DECSA & DS 200's).