[comp.unix.ultrix] smail and ultrix3.0

gilgut@cg-atla.UUCP (Mr. Uucp) (09/02/89)

Hello,
We are in the justification process of becoming a registered domain.
I have smail vers 2.3 here. Nowhere does it say it has been played
on an Ultrix machine. Have any of you done this? Are there any
'problems' I should be aware of? Thanks for any help.

Please reply via Email to ...!uunet!ginosko!cg-atla!gilgut

/dev/steve

--
Steve Gilgut, Agfa Compugraphic Div; Wilmington, Mass. (508)658-5600 X5277
{uunet!ginosko,decvax,ulowell}!cg-atla!gilgut     (Work) R & D Computer Center

kjones@talos.uucp (Kyle Jones) (09/05/89)

In article <7610@cg-atla.UUCP> gilgut@cg-atla.UUCP (Mr. Uucp) writes:
 > We are in the justification process of becoming a registered domain.
 > I have smail vers 2.3 here. Nowhere does it say it has been played
 > on an Ultrix machine. Have any of you done this? Are there any
 > 'problems' I should be aware of? Thanks for any help.

We run smail 2.5 here with under ULTRIX 3.0 with no problems.  I don't
think smail 2.3 will be that much different.  However you should at
least get smail 2.5 because, if I remember correctly, 2.3 gets the
prcedences wrong when parsing `!' vs. `@'.  Even smail 2.5 is a few
years old; there's probably another version out now that you should
consider.  Check the comp.sources.unix index.