[comp.unix.ultrix] Ditroff and Postscript

wcwang@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bill Wang) (09/12/89)

Does anyone have info about public domain or commercial version of
ditroff/with postscript driver for DEC station 3100?  Thanks
in advance!

--
Bill Wang
US Mail = Psychology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405

kg@elan.elan.com (Ken Greer) (09/12/89)

From article <25858@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, by wcwang@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bill Wang):

> Does anyone have info about public domain or commercial version of
> ditroff/with postscript driver for DEC station 3100?  Thanks
> in advance!

A commercial supported and enhanced version of diTroff, et. al.
and Laser Drivers for PostScript and LaserJets is called EROFF
and is available for the DEC 3100 from...

                           Elan Computer Group, Inc.
                          888 Villa Street, 3rd Floor
                            Mountain View, CA 94041
                              Phone: 415-964-2200
                               FAX: 415-964-8588

root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) (09/14/89)

In article <25858@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, wcwang@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bill Wang) writes:

> Does anyone have info about public domain or commercial version of
> ditroff/with postscript driver for DEC station 3100?  Thanks
> in advance!

Keep you eyes on comp.sources.unix.  I understand that a package called
'psroff' is in the queue (and so is a bunch of other things! ;-() ) which
takes C/A/T troff (as best as I can understand) and converts it to
DITROFF.  From there you can go to PostScript, etc.  I suppose I should
say that it converts to DVI, but again, I don't have full details.  I
was wanting the same thing just about the time the author made the
announcement.

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Ya'll com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129 ___________________________