[comp.unix.ultrix] Ultrix 2.2

gilgut@cg-atla.UUCP (Mr. Uucp X5277) (12/23/87)

In article <16516@felix.UUCP> you write:
>I went to a Digital VAXstation seminar yesterday, during the course
>of which my ears heard the phrase "two point two"?
>
>Does anyone have it?  Does it fix all the problems we've heard so much

Since my direct mail to you bounced, I'm stuck posting it;
This could be interesting to others as well....

To my knowledge, 2.2 is due out Jan 26th.
					Steve
			8700 with 2.0 Ultrix

--
Steve Gilgut, Compugraphic Corp. Wilmington, Mass. 01887 (617)658-5600 X5277
UNISIG Suite/Campground Coordinator; DECUS U.S. Chapter

davids@iscuva.ISCS.COM (David Schmidt) (01/14/88)

In article <16834@felix.UUCP> gilgut@cg-atla.UUCP (Mr. Uucp  X5277) writes:

>To my knowledge, 2.2 is due out Jan 26th.
>					Steve

First the good news:

The date I heard from DEC Tech Support in Atlanta closely matches that
date.  The new 2.2 now supports diskless workstations and also
(supposedly!) has a number of bug fixes.

Now the bad news:

I was told that Ultrix 2.2 will require a FULL install.  (Oh no!  Here we go
again!)  Another chance to back up the system, install the new stuff, and
then try to figure out what I have to restore from the saved files.  Wheee!

As you can tell, full installs are not my favorite thing in the world!
--
David Schmidt              UUCP:  davids@iscuva.ISCS.COM
ISC Systems Corporation           (uunet!iscuva!davids)

jonathan@cs.keele.ac.uk (Jonathan Knight) (10/16/89)

We have the misfortune of having a MicroVax II running Ultrix 2.2.
We often see two effects.
	1.	Racing getty's - this seems to be due to induction
		in the terminal lines, but if anyone knows of a bug
		in Ultrix that causes this, we'd like to know.

	2.	Machine crashes as the load average hits about 7.  Often
		this is in conjunction with 1, so the effect could be caused
		by a bug in init.

If anyone can shed any light or better still a bug fix, I'd be very pleased
to hear from you.
--
  ______    JANET :jonathan@uk.ac.keele.cs     Jonathan Knight,
    /       BITNET:jonathan%cs.kl.ac.uk@ukacrl Department of Computer Science