[comp.unix.ultrix] Anyone have a working DH driver for Ultrix 3.X

rob@violet.berkeley.edu (Rob Robertson) (10/17/89)

we're running an ultrix 3.0 on a 8820 with a tonne of DH-11's.
the only problem is that the DH driver doesn't work all that well.
the problems we're seeing are parity problems with rlogin, and (we
think this is related) kermit not working.

reading the comments in dh.c, it basically sez that they (DEC) added
the POSIX terminal stuff and only got it to compile, and didn't test
it due to lack of hardware.  so we suspect it's the driver.  i check
that the driver is the same in both the 3.0 and 3.1 sources.

anyone got any fixes to this?  suggestions?  effective prayers?

oh yeah, to let DEC off the hook, DH's are not supported devices under
3.X.

thanks,

rob
--
			  william robertson
		       rob@violet.berkeley.edu

	     symbolic links are the GOTO's of filesystems

In article <ROB.89Oct16201115@violet.berkeley.edu> rob@violet.berkeley.edu (Rob Robertson) writes:

> we're running an ultrix 3.0 on a 8820 with a tonne of DH-11's.
> the only problem is that the DH driver doesn't work all that well.
> the problems we're seeing are parity problems with rlogin, and (we
> think this is related) kermit not working.
>
> reading the comments in dh.c, it basically sez that they (DEC) added
> the POSIX terminal stuff and only got it to compile, and didn't test
> it due to lack of hardware.  so we suspect it's the driver.  i check
> that the driver is the same in both the 3.0 and 3.1 sources.

We use the binary DH11 driver here to run an ABLE DH11 emulator board
under Ultrix 3.1.  It seems to work pretty well and is used for both
casual dial-up plus dial-in/dial-out uucp.

With Ultrix 3.0, there were problems with not "hanging up" when a caller
disconnected, but this seems to have been fixed by 3.1.