[comp.unix.ultrix] Need help with sendmail on a DEC 3100

ram@jane (Bob Mortensen) (11/22/89)

I am having some problems with sendmail on a DECstation 3100 and not being
a Unix or sendmail guru I thought that someone out there might be able to
help.

The problem is that when I send an outward bound message to a non-local
machine, I get the following returned:

>Date: Tue, 21 Nov 89 15:44:45 PST
>From: MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
>Subject: Returned mail: Unable to deliver mail
>To: bob
>
>   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>554 rewrite: ruleset 14: replacement out of bounds

I suppose that it has something to do with my sendmail.cf file; but
what (I have no idea what all the stuff in there is about)?  If this
is true, then maybe someone could send me theirs and "mark" the things
that I would need to change.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Mortensen			Visualization and Earth Science Applications
						   Jet Propulsion Laboratory
ram@jane.jpl.nasa.gov					4800 Oak Grove Drive
bob@zest.jpl.nasa.gov					 Pasadena, CA  91109