In article <7870@bunny.GTE.COM> xg00@GTE.COM (Xev Gittler) writes:

   From: xg00@GTE.COM (Xev Gittler)
   Newsgroups: comp.unix.ultrix
   Date: 4 Dec 89 14:15:33 GMT

   Has anyone found any company that sells 4 or 8mm backup devices for a
   BI bus, and supports it under Ultrix?

   --
					   Xev Gittler
					   xg00@gte.com, or

There was a discussion of this topic a while back in comp.sys.dec.

I can tell you that Micro Technology makes an 8mm with Unibus and
HSC incarnations.  I can also say that Ultrix sites using these
devices exist, but there are many more VMS site from what I can tell.

They have also just announced a 4mm product which I presume can be
utilized with their existing interfaces.

I can't personally endorse these products since I haven't used them
but provide this information in the hope that it may be of use to you.

Micro Technology
5085 East Hunter Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92807
800-999-9MTI

				Regards,
					Mark.

Mark Sausville                           MIT Media Laboratory
Computer Systems Administrator           Room E15-354
617-253-0325                             20 Ames Street
saus@media-lab.media.mit.edu             Cambridge, MA 02139