[comp.unix.ultrix] Status of 5800 Systems

Anybody heard anything new about that status of Ultrix for the 5800 systems?

Last time it was mentioned here, the story was that it hadn't been released
yet...

I've got this 5810 on order supposedly for December delivery, and I'm kind
of curious as to whether the stuff has been released, whether the systems
are shipping with pre-release software, or whether they're not really going
to ship till the software is ready (whenever that may be...).

avolio@decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) (12/13/89)

In article <8944@cbmvax.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>Anybody heard anything new about that status of Ultrix for the 5800 systems?

Real Soon Now as far as I can tell (and this is certainly unofficial... but,
of course, you know that).  Hang in there.  Perhaps a late Christmas present?

Fred

scs@itivax.iti.org (Steve Simmons) (12/13/89)

In article <8944@cbmvax.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>Anybody heard anything new about that status of Ultrix for the 5800 systems?

We have been told our 5800 is shipping December 15.  That's this Friday.
If it shows up sans Ultrix we'll be a tad upset.  :-)  Then again, if
it shows up with VMS we'll start taking bids!

Steve
--
Steve Simmons	       scs@iti.org         Industrial Technology Institute
	'"You're not a big name on Usenet until someone puts

pavlov@canisius.UUCP (Greg Pavlov) (12/18/89)

In article <8944@cbmvax.UUCP>, grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
> Anybody heard anything new about that status of Ultrix for the 5800 systems?
> I've got this 5810 on order supposedly for December delivery, and I'm kind
> of curious as to whether the stuff has been released, whether the systems
> are shipping with pre-release software, or whether they're not really going
> to ship till the software is ready (whenever that may be...).

  Our 5810 was slated to be shipped Dec 29; last word was that it is still on
  target for that date.  We ordered a number of items from DEC; all were ship-
  ped according to schedule.

   greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny