[comp.unix.ultrix] VAXstation $2000 trade-in allowance

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (01/03/90)

I called DEC about this and after ony 5 days, someone called me back
and then messed up his phone and hung up on me.  I should've asked
the net *first*.

Does the $2000 trade-in allowance given by DEC when you trade in a
VAXstation 2000 on a VAXstation 3100 apply at educational institutions?

Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

nasa@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Daniel Poirot) (01/03/90)

In article <1396@uakari.primate.wisc.edu> bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:

>Does the $2000 trade-in allowance given by DEC when you trade in a
>VAXstation 2000 on a VAXstation 3100 apply at educational institutions?
>
>Paul DuBois
>dubois@primate.wisc.edu

As DEC is only interested in giving us $2000.00 for a VS 2000, we are keeping
the underpowered, underdisked piece of junk for a hot rod color X Windows
terminal.

(The color tube alone has got to be worth more than 2K bucks)

I am so happy to have a new X terminal,

Daniel Poirot		nasa@attctc.dallas.tx.us
Lockheed C87            phone 713/483-2426
2400 Nasa Rd. 1         phax  713/483-6120
Houston, TX 77536	"A mind is a terrible thing."

In article <1396@uakari.primate.wisc.edu> bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:
> I called DEC about this and after ony 5 days, someone called me back
> and then messed up his phone and hung up on me.  I should've asked
> the net *first*.
>
> Does the $2000 trade-in allowance given by DEC when you trade in a
> VAXstation 2000 on a VAXstation 3100 apply at educational institutions?

According to the the writeup in a DECdirect flyer:

The workstation trade-in may be used with the Digital Business Agreement;
however other programs do not apply...

in other words; only your DECperson knows for sure.  8-)

hurf@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Hurf Sheldon) (01/13/90)

hurf
--
     Hurf Sheldon			 Network: hurf@ionvax.tn.cornell.edu
     Lab of Plasma Studies		  Bitnet: hurf@CRNLION

jdudeck@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John R. Dudeck) (01/14/90)

In article <9313@cbmvax.commodore.com> grr@cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbins) writes:
>> Does the $2000 trade-in allowance given by DEC when you trade in a
>> VAXstation 2000 on a VAXstation 3100 apply at educational institutions?
>
>The workstation trade-in may be used with the Digital Business Agreement;
>however other programs do not apply...
In a "Dec internal" flyer that I saw, the "MicroMOVE-VUP" program gives
tradein quotes for "end users, resellers, and government customers".
For what that's worth... I would say it's worth a try.  But then I have
never dealt in these affairs myself.

--
John Dudeck                           "You want to read the code closely..."
jdudeck@Polyslo.CalPoly.Edu             -- C. Staley, in OS course, teaching