[comp.unix.ultrix] Dynamic Loader for DECstations wanted

kemnitz@postgres.uucp (Greg Kemnitz) (01/17/90)

This is probably wishful thinking, but does anyone out there know of any
public domain dynamic loaders (lets you load a .o file and its associated
procedures at runtime) for DECstations (or have any source code :-))??  Any
and all help is greatly appreciated.

Greg Kemnitz                  |      "I ran out of the room - I
Postgres Chief Programmer     |      didn't want to be killed by a pile
kemnitz@postgres.berkeley.edu |      of ULTRIX manuals" :-)

hartzell@boulder.Colorado.EDU (George Hartzell) (01/18/90)

In article <21209@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, kemnitz@postgres (Greg Kemnitz) writes:
>This is probably wishful thinking, but does anyone out there know of any
>public domain dynamic loaders (lets you load a .o file and its associated
>procedures at runtime) for DECstations (or have any source code :-))??  Any
>and all help is greatly appreciated.

I wrote something that works with the newer MIPS compilers (I was
using 2.10 because I needed there builtin alloca for another part
of the port) that does dynamic loading for a version of scheme called
ELK.  It should work for DECstations, but several people have told me
that there is a problem with the MIPS 1.31 ld's handling of the -T
option.  The jist of it seemed to be that it wasn't possible under the
current compiler release.  I think that they have the newer release
(I don't know if it is MIPS 2.0 or 2.1) in field test.  If you want to
see the code, let me know.
g.
George Hartzell			                  (303) 492-4535
 MCD Biology, University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309
hartzell@Boulder.Colorado.EDU  ..!{ncar,nbires}!boulder!hartzell