[comp.unix.ultrix] Multiple users on a DECstation 2100/3100

carrato@mhinfo.UUCP ( tony carrato) (02/02/90)

I got a question fro a friend the other day that I'm afraid I don't know
the answer to.  I'd bet someone on the net does.  Specifically, is it
still possible to order a license upgrade for an Ultrix workstation,
either VAX or MIPS, from the 1-2 user license to some greater number of
users?

Tony Carrato
Mile-High Information Services, Inc.
...!uunet!mhinfo!carrato

In article <23@mhinfo.UUCP> carrato@mhinfo.UUCP ( tony carrato) writes:
> I got a question fro a friend the other day that I'm afraid I don't know
> the answer to.  I'd bet someone on the net does.  Specifically, is it
> still possible to order a license upgrade for an Ultrix workstation,
> either VAX or MIPS, from the 1-2 user license to some greater number of
> users?

Yes, license upgrades are listed for the 2100/3100 family.  The same upgrades
apply to Decstations, Decsystems and DECserver flavors...

rwood@vajra.dec.com (Richard Wood) (02/03/90)

In article <23@mhinfo.UUCP>, carrato@mhinfo.UUCP ( tony carrato) writes:
> I got a question from a friend the other day that I'm afraid I don't know
> the answer to.  I'd bet someone on the net does.  Specifically, is it
> still possible to order a license upgrade for an Ultrix workstation,
> either VAX or MIPS, from the 1-2 user license to some greater number of
> users?

Yes.  I believe the ULTRIX SPD (Software Product Description) should have
the order numbers for various userlimits.

*UNIX is a registered trademark of AT&T in the U.S. and other countries.
Richard Wood     Corporate Worksystems Team      Digital Equipment Corp.