[comp.unix.ultrix] Logging out idle users

gay@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Lance Gay) (02/09/90)

We have a problem with idle user not logging out when they leave their
terminals and staying logged on all night.  Is their any free software
(FTPable) out there which will logout any user which have not enetered
any commands for a given time period?

Lance Gay                                    Internet: gay@venice.sedd.trw.com
TRW Systems Engineering & Development Div.   Phone: 213-764-9292
Redondo Beach, CA  90278

stefan@wheaton.UUCP (Stefan Brandle ) (02/13/90)

In article <298@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM> gay@venice.sedd.trw.com (Lance Gay) writes:
>We have a problem with idle user not logging out when they leave their
>terminals and staying logged on all night.  Is their any free software
>(FTPable) out there which will logout any user which have not enetered
>any commands for a given time period?

Well, the new csh with Ultrix (unsupported shells software subset) does let you
specify timeout values for blowing people.  However, this is a very soft
approach and will not fix the determined non-logger-outer.

-stefan
--
Stefan Brandle                  UUCP: ...!{obdient,uunet!tellab5}!wheaton!stefan