[comp.unix.ultrix] UWS2.2 Installation -- Disk Space Requirements

muhanna@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Waleed A. Muhanna) (02/14/90)

The installation instructions for ULTRIX3.1/UWS2.2 says that this
"vax upgrade requires approximately 106 Mbytes of disk space."

Does that mean that those poor soles like me, who have a VS3100
with only one rz23 (104 Mbytes) drive, are simply out of luck?

I would appreciate any suggestions in this regard.

Thanks in advance!

--Waleed
-=-
Waleed Muhanna     Faculty of Accounting and Management Information Systems
muhanna@stock.cob.ohio-state.edu		  The Ohio State University
(614) 292-3808				          	  1775 College Road
						        Columbus, OH  43210

In article <771@nisca.ircc.ohio-state.edu> muhanna@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Waleed A. Muhanna) writes:

> The installation instructions for ULTRIX3.1/UWS2.2 says that this
> "vax upgrade requires approximately 106 Mbytes of disk space."
>
> Does that mean that those poor soles like me, who have a VS3100
> with only one rz23 (104 Mbytes) drive, are simply out of luck?

It does suggest that you are likely to have some problems if you install
a lot of optional stuff.  You may have to delete some stuff or deviate from
the upgrade procedure to cram things in.

The release notes and/or installation guide ususally have decent coverage
on disk space requirements...