[comp.unix.ultrix] Good database system.

juan@cobra.gatech.edu (Juan Orlandini) (02/27/90)

Could someone please tell of good database systems available for ultrix?
They need to have sql and interface with external programs. I have heard
(and used ORACLE), but it seems that there should be other programs
available. Pricing/performance comparisons would be nice as would
manufacturers addresses. Thanks all,

Juan

 Juan Orlandini                ///                                   ///
 Super User at large          ///    What *I* say, *I* say.         ///
 juan@cobra.gatech.edu    \\\///     What *I* mean, *I* mean.   \\\///
 juan@prism.gatech.edu     \XX/      What *you* get, *you* get.  \XX/

heidt@aio.jesnet.jsc.nasa.gov (Mike Heidt) (03/02/90)

In article <19594@mephisto.UUCP>, juan@cobra.gatech.edu (Juan Orlandini)
writes:

> Could someone please tell of good database systems available for ultrix?
> They need to have sql and interface with external programs. I have heard
> (and used ORACLE), but it seems that there should be other programs
> available. Pricing/performance comparisons would be nice as would
> manufacturers addresses. Thanks all,>

	The Feb. 19 issue of Unix Today has an article saying that ver 4.0
of Ultrix, due out late March, will bundle in Ingres 6.2 RDBMS. This looks like
it might be the current commercial version of Ingres rather than the old
Berkely version. Perhaps it would pay to wait and look at this before you spend
a lot of $$$ on something else.

			Mike Heidt