[comp.unix.ultrix] Product announcements

mathisen@dali (Jaye Mathisen) (04/10/90)

In article <2989@decuac.DEC.COM> avolio@decuac.DEC.COM (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
>knowing -- is this a valid use of this news group?  I don't want to make
>anyone angry (well anyone else :-)) so let us know if you don't want such
>product and strategy announcements.

Maybe something in comp.newprod for the product announcements would be
more appropriate.  Personally I don't think I care :-)

In article <1554@dali> icsu6000@caesar.cs.montana.edu writes:
> In article <2989@decuac.DEC.COM> avolio@decuac.DEC.COM (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
> >knowing -- is this a valid use of this news group?  I don't want to make
> >anyone angry (well anyone else :-)) so let us know if you don't want such
> >product and strategy announcements.
>
> Maybe something in comp.newprod for the product announcements would be
> more appropriate.  Personally I don't think I care :-)

I think the key is to only post what is newsworthy and avoid anthing that's
fluff.  Hearing that DEC is going to take Ultrix to OSF is probably newworthy,
heare Ken Olson comment on the state of the makets probably isn't.

I case you guys (DEC) don't want to blow your own horn too much, I don't have
problems posting some of the stuff as a third party, as long as the info is
pretty obviouly free of distribution restrictions.

jenst@cernvax.UUCP (Jens Trier Rasmussen) (04/10/90)

In article <1554@dali> mathisen@dali (Jaye Mathisen) writes:

>In article <2989@decuac.DEC.COM> avolio@decuac.DEC.COM (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
>>knowing -- is this a valid use of this news group?  I don't want to make
>>anyone angry (well anyone else :-)) so let us know if you don't want such
>>product and strategy announcements.

>Maybe something in comp.newprod for the product announcements would be
>more appropriate.  Personally I don't think I care :-)

I strongly agree with the posting of such material to comp.unix.ultrix.
We in Europe wouldn't get that kind of information so fast, if it wasn't
posted to the Net.

cheers
	Jens Trier Rasmussen