[comp.unix.ultrix] UUCP at 19.2K on Ultrix

In article <569@tron.UUCP> celozzi@tron () writes:
> We have a Vax 11/780 running Ultrix V3.1 using a DZ11/DZ32 serial interface
> card.  We are hooking up a telebit Trailblazer modem on this card, and have
> had success with the card talking at 9600 baud.  However, when we attempt to
> up this to 19.2k, it appears Ultrix begins to have a problem.

I'm not 100% certain that "real" DZ11's support 19200 baud - most clones do,
so try it with a terminal to make sure it doesn't do anything goofy.

In any case, you have to patch the uucp executable to improve it to support
19200 baud, at the expense of one of the slower speeds.  This looks like:

% su
# cp /usr/lib/uucp/uucico /usr/lib/uucp/uucico.cya   (sometimes /var/lib/uucp)
# adb -w /usr/lib/uucp/uucico
spds?W 0t19200 0t14
^D
#