[comp.unix.ultrix] LPS20 and TCP/IP

hagan@DCCS.UPENN.EDU (John Dotts Hagan) (05/04/90)

I remember (I think!) reading that Digital had some software (perhaps
unsupported) that provided TCP/IP download into the LPS20 so Ultrix systems
without DECnet could use it.

Also, additional software that allowed VMS systems to use the Digital TCP/IP
code to print to an LPS20 without DECnet.

Anyone know about this?

--Kid.

In article <24502@netnews.upenn.edu> hagan@DCCS.UPENN.EDU (John Dotts Hagan) writes:

> I remember (I think!) reading that Digital had some software (perhaps
> unsupported) that provided TCP/IP download into the LPS20 so Ultrix systems
> without DECnet could use it.

I believe the TCP hosted version of the LPS20 software is available now.
Check with your DEC salesperson for current availability and pricing.

ms@unido.UUCP (Marc Sheldon) (05/07/90)

grr@cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbins) writes:
> I believe the TCP hosted version of the LPS20 software is available now.

We have it running at our University. Works great.

Marc