[comp.unix.ultrix] which DTP-software do you use on your DECstation ?

se@ikp.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser) (05/26/90)

We are looking for software running on DECstations, that

1) lets me WYSIWYG-edit scientfic texts,
2) gives TeX-like capabilities,
3) imports graphics generated by other programs (postscript and other),
4) supports the creation of simple drawings,
5) generates postscript output,
6) may be used from any X-Terminal.

One product I know of is the 'Publisher' made by 'ArborText, Inc.' but
I think its available only on Suns.

If you know a good scientific publishing software, please send me a note.
I would like to know of advantages, problems, required resources and prices.

Thanks in advance

Stefan
--
 Stefan Esser, Institute of Nuclear Physics, University of Cologne, W. Germany
 se@ikp.Uni-Koeln.DE

--

davecb@yunexus.UUCP (David Collier-Brown) (05/28/90)

se@ikp.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser) writes:
>We are looking for software running on DECstations, that
>1) lets me WYSIWYG-edit scientific texts,
>2) gives TeX-like capabilities,
	Sounds like Frame or Interleaf thus far...

>3) imports graphics generated by other programs (postscript and other),
>4) supports the creation of simple drawings,
>5) generates postscript output,
>6) may be used from any X-Terminal.
	I'm not sure about running the windows on remote X-terminals,
	although it should be trivial, but for all the above I'd
	recommend Interleaf TPS (Technical Publishing System).

	I used to work for Interleaf Canada, so I'm a little biased,
	but I do know just how nice a product it is!  If I was a U.S.
	University I could get it free, too.  Alas, I'm in Canada.

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown,  | davecb@Nexus.YorkU.CA, ...!yunexus!davecb or
72 Abitibi Ave.,      | {toronto area...}lethe!dave