[comp.unix.ultrix] Unix for PDP-11/23

carrato@mhinfo.UUCP ( tony carrato) (05/31/90)

A friend has a PDP-11/23 sitting in a closet at home.  We were wondering
if there is a PD or cheap version of Unix available for it.  Anybody got
any ideas?  (I don't believe DEC is selling theirs any more.)  Thanks
in advance.

Tony Carrato
uunet!mhinfo!carrato

toppin@melpar.UUCP (Doug Toppin) (06/04/90)

In article <31@mhinfo.UUCP>, carrato@mhinfo.UUCP ( tony carrato) writes:
> A friend has a PDP-11/23 sitting in a closet at home.  We were wondering

We use extensively something called Ultrix-11 on the 11/73. It
is not bad. DEC used to sell it but I believe that they just stopped
supporting it. You might be able to get it for free from them.

Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin

dave@upvax.UUCP (David Taylor) (06/04/90)

I would also be interested in locating a copy of unix for an 11/23 ,
Especially BSD (I have a license but no code it was lost before
my time when they upgraded one of our systems)

Thanks for any info..

Dave