[comp.unix.ultrix] Announcing biz.dec.ip--a newsgroup on DEC's TCP/IP products

jeremym@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Jeremy Maris) (06/08/90)

This is all very well for USA readers of news, but what about us in the UK?

We dont get (or at least I don't get) the biz groups. Important stuff on
UCX etc ought to be available net wide.
--
Jeremy Maris,Experimental Psychology,University of Sussex,Brighton,England.
Janet: jeremym@uk.ac.sussex.syma  Nsfnet: jeremym@syma.sussex.ac.uk

diamond@tkou02.enet.dec.com (diamond@tkovoa) (06/11/90)

In article <2824@syma.sussex.ac.uk> jeremym@syma.susx.ac.uk (Jeremy Maris) writes:

>This is all very well for USA readers of news, but what about us in the UK?
>We dont get (or at least I don't get) the biz groups. Important stuff on
>UCX etc ought to be available net wide.

Our machine thinks it's in the U.S.A., so maybe you can fake it too.
However, we don't get the biz hierarchy either.  (At least, not the
last time I checked.)
--
Norman Diamond, Nihon DEC     diamond@tkou02.enet.dec.com
Proposed group comp.networks.load-reduction:  send your "yes" vote to /dev/null.

avolio@decuac.DEC.COM (Frederick M. Avolio) (06/11/90)

This was a discussion in mail a while back when I posted some product
announcements.  I was adminished -- very professionally and with good
will -- for this.  I was told that some folks would get their news links
severed if commercial information passed through them.  (I don't claim
to understand this fully. Such information while obviously good for the
vendor is also supposed to be good for the customer.)  New.products was
suggested but the guidelines for that are for postings that are a
screen page at most in length.  biz groups is what was suggested also.

Now, I feel like we are stuck.  I understand what you are saying in the
UK, but I also hear what the folks here are saying regarding the rules.
How should we play?

Fred