[comp.unix.ultrix] Info on TN3270 for Ultrix

maoursler@miavx0.ham.muohio.edu (07/04/90)

Hello out there,

	I work for Miami University.  We just received our new DEcstation 3100
	the other day.  Great.  no problems except....

	We had really counted on using the 3100 for interactive
	access to our IBM Mainframe.  Problem is, Ultrix does
	not seem to come with TN3270.  Does anyone have a PD version
	of TN3270 for an Ultrix system.  All info on this subject is
	very much appreciated as we really do not know what we are
	doing ;-)

	Please either post responses to this newsgroup or
	email me at

		maoursler@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu
	or	maoursler@miavx2.bitnet

	Thanks in advance.

					- Miles -

	"Good lord, it's the secret ingredient for
	 Klingon worcestershire sauce!"

iglesias@orion.oac.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (07/04/90)

In article <158.2690ac43@miavx0.ham.muohio.edu> maoursler@miavx0.ham.muohio.edu writes:
>Hello out there,
>
>	We had really counted on using the 3100 for interactive
>	access to our IBM Mainframe.  Problem is, Ultrix does
>	not seem to come with TN3270.  Does anyone have a PD version
>	of TN3270 for an Ultrix system.  All info on this subject is
>	very much appreciated as we really do not know what we are
>	doing ;-)

There's one available via anonymous ftp from bimbo.tn.cornell.edu in
pub/mips.tn3270.tar.Z.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias@orion.oac.uci.edu
BITNET:      iglesias@uci
uucp:        ...!ucbvax!ucivax!iglesias

HATHAWA@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com (07/07/90)

In article <158.2690ac43@miavx0.ham.muohio.edu>, maoursler@miavx0.ham.muohio.edu
says:

>        We had really counted on using the 3100 for interactive
>        access to our IBM Mainframe.  Problem is, Ultrix does
>        not seem to come with TN3270.  Does anyone have a PD version
>        of TN3270 for an Ultrix system.

I got mine from Mike Gerard at CERN <jmg@cernvax.cern.ch>.  It works better
then the Berkeley version (which seems to have cursor positioning and/or
highlighting problems).  It also has a status line and other bells and
whistles.  Also, Mike has been VERY responsive to questions and problems
while support is more difficult to get these days on the Berkeley version
since Minshall left.