[comp.unix.ultrix] top for Ultrix 4.0/RISC

hudgens@sun13.scri.fsu.edu (Jim Hudgens) (07/20/90)

Has anyone ported top to Ultrix 4.0?  It seems to be missing a
kernel symbol which was present in 3.1.  I get the error message:

	/vmunix: no symbol named `cp_time'

I get similar results with the program xsysmon, as well.

Any help would be appreciated...

Jim Hudgens
---
Disclaimer:  I didn't do it.
Jim Hudgens		Supercomputer Computations Research Institute
hudgens@sun13.scri.fsu.edu

mathisen@dali.cs.montana.edu (Jaye Mathisen) (07/22/90)

In article <284@sun13.scri.fsu.edu> hudgens@sun13.scri.fsu.edu (Jim Hudgens) writes:

>Has anyone ported top to Ultrix 4.0?  It seems to be missing a
>kernel symbol which was present in 3.1.  I get the error message:
>
>	/vmunix: no symbol named `cp_time'

I snarfed up top (version 2.5 -- I think) from gatekeeper.dec.com and
it compiled just fine under 3.1 and 4.0...

I could shar it up and e-mail it to interested parties...