[comp.unix.ultrix] UWS 2.2d

stergios@portia.Stanford.EDU (stergios marinopoulos) (08/05/90)

should init and sh be on the uws 2.2d tape?

sm

alan@shodha.dec.com ( Alan's Home for Wayward Notes File.) (08/07/90)

In article <STERGIOS.90Aug5091431@sunsweet.Stanford.EDU>, stergios@portia.Stanford.EDU (stergios marinopoulos) writes:

> should init and sh be on the uws 2.2d tape?
>
> sm

	I have a UWS V2.2D release handy to look at so I don't
	remember the distribution details.  ULTRIX V3.1D and
	UWS V2.2D are a new installation release of ULTRIX for
	the DECsystem and DECstation 5000.  V3.1D is the base
	system release and should be where you would find init
	and sh.  UWS V2.2D is the workstation related software.
	There might be a different init on it, but I doubt it.

	To strictly answer your question; UWS V2.2D will probably
	not have a copy of sh or init.  A copy of UWS V2.2D should
	have the base system V3.1D bit real close by though.
--
Alan Rollow				alan@nabeth.enet.dec.com