[comp.unix.ultrix] rdist

robert@alfleila.inria.fr (Philippe Robert) (09/03/90)

Does any body know if there is the equivalent of rdist under ultrix ?
the version I have is 3.1 on a ds3100,

amicalement,

                                        Philippe Robert
  INRIA, France
  tel: (33) 1 39 63 56 66
  robert@alfleila.inria.fr

iglesias@orion.oac.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (09/03/90)

In article <1578@seti.inria.fr> robert@alfleila.inria.fr (Philippe Robert) writes:
>Does any body know if there is the equivalent of rdist under ultrix ?
>the version I have is 3.1 on a ds3100,

You can get the 4.3bsd sources for rdist via anonymous ftp to uunet.uu.net.
They're in bsd-sources/src/ucb/rdist.tar.Z.  It works fine under Ultrix.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias@orion.oac.uci.edu
BITNET:      iglesias@uci
uucp:        ...!ucbvax!ucivax!iglesias

vixie@wrl.dec.com (Paul Vixie) (09/04/90)

In article <26E27615.4559@orion.oac.uci.edu>,
iglesias@orion.oac.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) writes:
# You can get the 4.3bsd sources for rdist via anonymous ftp to uunet.uu.net.
# They're in bsd-sources/src/ucb/rdist.tar.Z.  It works fine under Ultrix.

Also available on gatekeeper.dec.com (anon ftp), decwrl.uucp (neighbors only),
and decwrl:: (on the DEC Easynet) in /pub/bsd-sources/src/ucb/rdist.tar.Z.

Obviously this is not DEC-supported software -- use at your own risk. (We do.)
--
Paul Vixie
DEC Western Research Lab	<vixie@wrl.dec.com>

alan@shodha.enet.dec.com ( Alan's Home for Wayward Notes File.) (09/04/90)

> Various people point to locations of rdist for ULTRIX.

	Another source would an ULTRIX V4.0 system.  It *should*
	what is shipping from our software distribution group.
	Not having an SPD in front of me, I can't be sure that
	it is supported, but expect it is.
--
Alan Rollow				alan@nabeth.enet.dec.com

iglesias@orion.oac.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (09/04/90)

In article <1605@shodha.enet.dec.com> alan@shodha.enet.dec.com ( Alan's Home for Wayward Notes File.) writes:

>> Various people point to locations of rdist for ULTRIX.
>
>	Another source would an ULTRIX V4.0 system.  It *should*
>	what is shipping from our software distribution group.
>	Not having an SPD in front of me, I can't be sure that
>	it is supported, but expect it is.

rdist is included in Ultrix v4.0, as /usr/ucb/rdist.