[comp.unix.ultrix] Shouldn't stty commands on host LAT ports set remote baud rate?

D. Allen [CGL]" <idallen@watmath.waterloo.edu> (09/06/90)

If a LAT port is supposed to behave just like a real hardware port,
shouldn't I be able to stty the /dev/tty00 entry and have it set the
baud rate of the corresponding port on the terminal server?

I want to have a dial-in/dial-out modem that does autobaud coming in and
uses Unix-selected speeds when going out, just like I can do currently
with my real hardware ports.  How?
--
-IAN! (Ian! D. Allen) idallen@watcgl.uwaterloo.ca idallen@watcgl.waterloo.edu
 [129.97.128.64]  Computer Graphics Lab/University of Waterloo/Ontario/Canada

In article <1990Sep6.082711.1826@watmath.waterloo.edu> idallen@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ian! D. Allen [CGL]) writes:
> If a LAT port is supposed to behave just like a real hardware port,
> shouldn't I be able to stty the /dev/tty00 entry and have it set the
> baud rate of the corresponding port on the terminal server?

This is controlled by the "remote modify" feature of more recent versions
of the server software.

thomas@mipsbx.nac.dec.com (Matt Thomas) (09/07/90)

In article <1990Sep6.082711.1826@watmath.waterloo.edu> idallen@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ian! D. Allen [CGL]) writes:
>If a LAT port is supposed to behave just like a real hardware port,
>shouldn't I be able to stty the /dev/tty00 entry and have it set the
>baud rate of the corresponding port on the terminal server?
>
>I want to have a dial-in/dial-out modem that does autobaud coming in and
>uses Unix-selected speeds when going out, just like I can do currently
>with my real hardware ports.  How?

If your terminal server supports it and you're running V4.0 of ULTRIX, then
you can do it.  Otherwise no.
Matt Thomas                     Internet:   thomas@wrl.dec.com
DECnet-ULTRIX Development       UUCP:       ...!decwrl!thomas
Digital Equipment Corporation   Disclaimer: This message reflects my own
Littleton, MA                               warped views, etc.