[comp.unix.ultrix] Anyone have uucp working on a DS5400/Ultrix 3.1C?

D. Allen [CGL]" <idallen@watmath.waterloo.edu> (09/10/90)

I type "uucp" or "uux" and get a Segmentation fault and I haven't even
given any arguments yet.  Even uucico exits code 11 (SIGSEGV).
--
-IAN! (Ian! D. Allen) idallen@watcgl.uwaterloo.ca idallen@watcgl.waterloo.edu
 [129.97.128.64]  Computer Graphics Lab/University of Waterloo/Ontario/Canada

In article <1990Sep10.030128.21433@watmath.waterloo.edu> idallen@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ian! D. Allen [CGL]) writes:
> I type "uucp" or "uux" and get a Segmentation fault and I haven't even
> given any arguments yet.  Even uucico exits code 11 (SIGSEGV).

Try using a shorter hostname and see if the problem goes away...

trt@rti.rti.org (Thomas Truscott) (09/12/90)

> > I type "uucp" or "uux" and get a Segmentation fault and I haven't even

The "segmentation fault" warning message means
you have a syntax error in /usr/lib/uucp/USERFILE.
Clearly Ultrix needs better documentation of its error messages.