[comp.unix.ultrix] Ultrix TK50 distr format

mike@raven.uss.tek.com (Mike Ewan) (09/16/90)

In article <CVBQG64@dri.com> braun@dri.com (Karl T. Braun (kral)) writes:

>Can someone tell me the format of the files on the TK50 ultrix distribution
>tapes?  I need to pull a couple of original files off (namely /etc/group).

This is from memory (I'm at home without manuals).
See the "Guide to Software Distribution using Setld" (or somesuch).

(512byte blocks)

file1: 1 block
file2: 1 block
ROOT:  dump format
(many tar files)

/etc/group should be in the third file on the tape so:
mt rewind
mt fsf 2
restore if /dev/nrmt0h

Mike
--
 Michael Ewan    (503)627-6468      Internet:  mike@raven.USS.TEK.COM
 Unix Systems Support                   UUCP:  ...!tektronix!puffin!raven!mike