[comp.unix.ultrix] What library contains cacheflush

jeremym@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Jeremy Maris) (09/18/90)

I wanted to do cacheflush() but couldn't find it in any library. Where is
it supposed to be ? (Ultrix 3.1c)

mogul@wrl.dec.com (Jeffrey Mogul) (09/20/90)

In article <3469@syma.sussex.ac.uk> jeremym@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Jeremy Maris) writes:
>I wanted to do cacheflush() but couldn't find it in any library. Where is
>it supposed to be ? (Ultrix 3.1c)

I don't have a 3.1c system to check.  I can't find it the other 3.1
systems around here.  I think the module might have been left out
of the libc.a makefile (probably inadvertently), since the source
for cacheflush() is present in the 3.1 sources I have.

In 4.0, cacheflush() is in libc.a.  If you can find a 4.0 system
you can probably extract the module from a 4.0 library and add
it to your 3.1c library, although I can't guarantee that this will work.

-Jeff