[comp.unix.ultrix] DS3100 Serial Port vs Telebit@9600

Before I pull the rest of my hair out, can anyone state conclusivly
whether or not they've been able to get a Telebit or other 9600 baud
modem to work "reliably" on the "modem" port of a DECsystem 3100?

Outgoing?  Incoming?  Shared?

I'm having all kinds of fun, not much of it repeatable...

In article <14786@cbmvax.commodore.com> grr@cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbins) writes:
> Before I pull the rest of my hair out, can anyone state conclusivly
> whether or not they've been able to get a Telebit or other 9600 baud
> modem to work "reliably" on the "modem" port of a DECsystem 3100?

Thanks for all the people that responded!

It turned out that the T2500 I was using was seriously flakey, I guess it
needs some ROM upgrades or other help.  The T1000 I grabbed in desparation
refused to assert CD on incoming PEP calls.  ARGHHHH!

I tried a differnt T1000 and suddenly everything is working quite nicely.
Even shared incoming/outgoing works, as long as the modem is setup to only
assert CD when a call is in progress (i.e. not in command mode) and the
cable has CD hooked to the approprite DS3100 pin.