[comp.unix.ultrix] Adding a second SCSI card to a DS5000

jv@mh.nl (Johan Vromans) (10/09/90)

Hi folks,

I have had a second SCSI card added to my DS5000. When I type "cnfg"
to the monitor prompt, I get (a.o):

  5: PMAZ-AA	DEC	V5.3b	TCF0	(SCSI = 7)
  0: PMAZ-AA	DEC	V4.1	PDE3

The first line is the standard SCSI card, the second is the one that
was added. However, the system does not see it as a SCSI card.

Can anyone comment on this? Is it outdated (looking at the revision)?
Is it broken? What does "PDE3" mean? (Also: what does "TCF0" mean?)

Thanks for any help.

	Johan
--
Johan Vromans				       jv@mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering bv		       uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv

In article <1990Oct8.183825.7915@squirrel.mh.nl> Johan Vromans <jv@mh.nl> writes:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have had a second SCSI card added to my DS5000. When I type "cnfg"
> to the monitor prompt, I get (a.o):
>
>   5: PMAZ-AA	DEC	V5.3b	TCF0	(SCSI = 7)
>   0: PMAZ-AA	DEC	V4.1	PDE3
>
> The first line is the standard SCSI card, the second is the one that
> was added. However, the system does not see it as a SCSI card.

Are you running the generic kernel or one that has been customized.
Make sure it has appropriate entries for the second scsi controller.
See the "BINARY" configuration for examples.