[comp.unix.ultrix] Internationalization Library

Erik_Brown@TRANSARC.COM (10/20/90)

Has anyone out there tried to use the internationalization library in
Ultrix 3?  I've been trying to make it work, but with no great success.
The main problem seems to be that the setlocale() call always returns
NULL, indicating that it could not set the given locale.

I normally call this routine as follows:

     setlocale(LC_ALL, "Fr_FR");

As far as the X/Open and ultrix manuals indicate, this is correct.  Is there
a National Language Usage manual for the Ultrix?  Has anyone used these
routines directly?  I'd like to report this as a bug, but DEC seems to
provide non-deterministic software support, so it seems a waste of time.

Thanks for any help.  Replies can be mailed or posted.

Erik Brown
Transarc Corporation
eeb@transarc.com

In article <Ab7qxgb0BwwaEQAFRI@transarc.com> Erik_Brown@TRANSARC.COM writes:

> Has anyone out there tried to use the internationalization library in
> Ultrix 3?  I've been trying to make it work, but with no great success.
> The main problem seems to be that the setlocale() call always returns
> NULL, indicating that it could not set the given locale.

Can I assume you've loaded all the internationalization stuff from
the distribution tape?

> As far as the X/Open and ultrix manuals indicate, this is correct.  Is there
> a National Language Usage manual for the Ultrix?  Has anyone used these
> routines directly?

Isn't there a "guide to internationalization" in the manual set?  I seem to
have seen such, but didn't pay much attention.