[comp.unix.ultrix] Unaligned access errors

vaf@Valinor.Stanford.EDU (Vince Fuller) (10/23/90)

This was discussed at length some time ago but, unfortunately, I didn't
save the discussion. My qustion is: is there a way to trap "unaligned
access"es on a RISC system and have the program core-dump instead of
being "fixed-up"?

	Thanks,
	--Vince

carter@ferrari.mst6.lanl.gov (Dave Carter) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct22.193125@Valinor.Stanford.EDU> vaf@Valinor.Stanford.EDU (Vince Fuller) writes:

>This was discussed at length some time ago but, unfortunately, I didn't
>save the discussion. My qustion is: is there a way to trap "unaligned
>access"es on a RISC system and have the program core-dump instead of
>being "fixed-up"?

could someone please summarize this discussion to me (via e-mail)?  i
missed it, and we're having the same problem.

						- dave