[comp.unix.ultrix] Anybody done VAX 4.0 SLIP with modem?

karl@grebyn.com (Karl A. Nyberg) (12/25/90)

I'm having trouble even finding the right subset to load in to get
slattach/sliplogin, etc.  I've gone over and gotten the corresponding files
from uunet, just in case I don't have any luck finding binaries or getting
them to work.

-- Karl --

mike@puffin.USS.TEK.COM (Mike Ewan) (12/27/90)

In article <24242@grebyn.com> karl@grebyn.com (Karl A. Nyberg) writes:
>I'm having trouble even finding the right subset to load in to get
>slattach/sliplogin, etc.  I've gone over and gotten the corresponding files
>from uunet, just in case I don't have any luck finding binaries or getting
>them to work.

It's in ULXBASE400 (UDXBASE400 for risc) on the unsupported tape.
I've set it up with a direct connect but not with a modem.  It
really shouldn't make any difference since the slip process is
started from /etc/ttys.  The man pages and example config files
are fairly complete.

Mike
 Michael Ewan    (503)627-6468      Internet:  mike@raven.USS.TEK.COM
 Unix Systems Support                   UUCP:  ...!tektronix!puffin!raven!mike
 Tektronix, Inc.                  Compuserve:  73747,2304
"Fig Newton: The force required to accelerate a fig 39.37 inches/sec."--J. Hart