[comp.unix.ultrix] tcsh wanted

kludge@grissom.larc.nasa.gov ( Scott Dorsey) (01/03/91)

Does anyone out there have a compiled version of tcsh for the Decstation
machines running Ultrix 4.0?  I have a number of folks who prefer tcsh
for the VMS-style history service, and use it on our Sun machines.  If it
were available under VMS they would find the world a more pleasant place,
but I am not up to digging up the sources and recompiling it right now.

--
Scott Dorsey/ Kaptain Kludge
NASA Langley Research Center, Aircraft Guidance and Control Branch

Disclaimer: Neither NASA nor Lockheed really know anything about what

schemers@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Roland Schemers III) (01/04/91)

In article <1991Jan3.150712.12738@news.larc.nasa.gov> kludge@grissom.larc.nasa.gov ( Scott Dorsey) writes:
>Does anyone out there have a compiled version of tcsh for the Decstation
>machines running Ultrix 4.0?  I have a number of folks who prefer tcsh
>for the VMS-style history service, and use it on our Sun machines.  If it
>were available under VMS they would find the world a more pleasant place,
>but I am not up to digging up the sources and recompiling it right now.

I have tcsh compiled for both mips and vax Ultrix machines. It was
compiled under 3.1, but works fine under 4.0.

Its avaible for anonymous ftp on vela.acs.oakland.edu in:

~ftp/pub/bin/{tcsh.vax,tcsh.mips,tcsh.l}

ps. Ultrix 4.0 comes standard with line editing in the csh and the ksh. Have
you users check them out if they haven't.

--
Roland J. Schemers III                              Systems/Network Manager
schemers@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ultrix)              Oakland University