[comp.unix.ultrix] Sending Postscript files to a LPS40 printer

kcallis@beach.csulb.edu ("Kim Callis") (01/08/91)

Does anyone know how to send a PostScript text file through a
DEC LPS40 laser printer and get the commands executed, instead
of printed. I am connected to a DEC 5510 using ULTRIX 4.0
Please e-mail

--
Kim C. Callis                 >< INET: kcallis@beach.csulb.edu
2107 Earl St. #3              >< BIT : JGTP500@CALSTATE

alan@shodha.enet.dec.com ( Alan's Home for Wayward Notes File.) (01/08/91)

In article <1991Jan7.191816.22564@beach.csulb.edu>, kcallis@beach.csulb.edu ("Kim Callis") writes:

> Does anyone know how to send a PostScript text file through a
> DEC LPS40 laser printer and get the commands executed, instead
> of printed. I am connected to a DEC 5510 using ULTRIX 4.0.

	Make sure the first two characters of the file are:

		%!

	Otherwise the ln03rof filter assumes it's normal text
	that has be converted to a postscript program to print
	the desired text.  As far as I know the LPS{40,20} only
	take Postscript programs.

> Please e-mail

	I'll try, but this is probably also of general interest.

Alan Rollow				alan@nabeth.enet.dec.com