[comp.unix.ultrix] Sendmail and UUCP

sweh@tharr.UUCP (Stephen Harris) (01/05/91)

I have a couple sites to which I connect using UUCP, but when I try to send mail
to these sites I get 'site not connected via UUCP' message.  I have refroze
the sendmail file (with /usr/lib/sendmail -bz) but still get this message.
The only way I could find of getting around this problem was to remove the
test from sendmail.cf and just uux return error codes for invalid sites.
Am I missing something, or am I just being silly?
This happened with both VAX Ultrix 3.1 and 4.1

Thanks

--
    			     Stephen Harris
Disclaimer: me have an opinion?     | Email: ..!ukc!axion!tharr!sweh

avolio@decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) (01/08/91)

If you are running the standard ULTRIX sendmail.cf it needs editing.  Check
to make sure that the line with FZ at the beginning is not commented out.
(It should *not* have a # in front of it.)  While you are editing you might
change the file name listed to the correct path (it says
/usr/lib/uucp/L.sys and it should now be /usr/var/uucp/L.sys).

Then refreeze the sendmail configuration file (issue "/usr/lib/sendmail -bz"
as root) and kill and restart sendmail.

Fred

sweh@tharr.UUCP (Stephen Harris) (01/08/91)

In article <1991Jan07.204432.8480@decuac.dec.com> avolio@decuac.dec.com writes:
>If you are running the standard ULTRIX sendmail.cf it needs editing.  Check
>to make sure that the line with FZ at the beginning is not commented out.
>(It should *not* have a # in front of it.)  While you are editing you might
>change the file name listed to the correct path (it says
>/usr/lib/uucp/L.sys and it should now be /usr/var/uucp/L.sys).

This was exactly the problem.  Once I had altered this so the line was
uncommented I could re-comment the test for hostname OK and it worked

Thanks

>Then refreeze the sendmail configuration file (issue "/usr/lib/sendmail -bz"
>as root) and kill and restart sendmail.
Didn't even need to kill and restart sendmail, just refroze it :-)
(But I killed it anyway, just to be safe)