[comp.unix.ultrix] Ultrix level 2 DECnet router?

thompson@theory.tn.cornell.edu (Steve Thompson) (01/13/91)

Anyone know if it is possible to configure an Ultrix machine (VAX or
RISC) running DECnet as a level 2 (area) router? The SPD says that
DECnet/Ultrix is end-node only, but I wonder if the s/w really IS
end-node only. Thanks,

Steve Thompson
Cornell School of Chemical Engineering
thompson@cheme.tn.cornell.edu

thomas@mipsbx.lkg.dec.com (Matt Thomas) (01/14/91)

In article <1991Jan12.173059.29011@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> thompson@theory.tn.cornell.edu (Steve Thompson) writes:
>Anyone know if it is possible to configure an Ultrix machine (VAX or
>RISC) running DECnet as a level 2 (area) router? The SPD says that
>DECnet/Ultrix is end-node only, but I wonder if the s/w really IS
>end-node only. Thanks,

Not possible.  There is no code to provide Level 1 or Level 2 routing.
Matt Thomas                     Internet:   thomas@wrl.dec.com
DECnet-ULTRIX Development       UUCP:       ...!decwrl!thomas
Digital Equipment Corporation   Disclaimer: This message reflects my own
Littleton, MA                               warped views, etc.