[comp.unix.ultrix] cc / ld problems on Ultrix 4.0 ? -- Apologies

rayaprol@snook.ecs.umass.edu (Venu S Rayaprolu) (01/18/91)

In article <1452@umvlsi.ecs.umass.edu>, rayaprol@snook.ecs.umass.edu
(Venu S Rayaprolu) writes:
> I'm running Ultrix 4.0 on Decstation 5000 and I seem to have run into a
> problem
> with linking my libraries with other object modules. I have my own routines
> built into libraries, libA.a, libB.a , libC.a, for instance, and these are in
> MYLIBPATH. However when I do,

	(stuff deleted)

Maybe I should have spent a little more time looking through the
man pages for ld(1) before posting. I've had this problem of
specifying the libraries more than once, in case of circular
references, on VMS and for some reason, I thought this wouldn't be
the case with Unix. Thanks to those who responded.

Venu S Rayaprolu.

---

Internet : rayaprol@umvlsi.ecs.umass.edu
Bitnet	 : rayaprol@umaecs.BITNET

"Time is nature's way of not letting too many things happen, all at once."