[comp.unix.ultrix] Porting to Ultrix - HELP!!!

steve@cs.hw.ac.uk (Steven Salvini) (01/17/91)

We have just acquired a DEC Station 5000/200 RISC machine and I am
trying to port our "local" (previously Vax- or Sun-resident) software to
it.  We are running Ultrix V4.0 (RISC).   I would greatly value any insights
from anyone who has already tried such an operation - most things seem to
port o.k. but a few, like Tex and the Writer's Workbench, are proving a bit
of a problem...

I will, of course, summarise to the net as appropriate.

Yours in supplication,
Steve.

Steven Salvini 79 Grassmarket   JANET       steve@uk.ac.hw.cs
Heriot-Watt University          Internet    steve%cs.hw.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu