[comp.unix.ultrix] trailer page...

hubcap@hubcap.clemson.edu (System Janitor) (01/23/91)

Greetings...

We have several printers in our machine room that are shared by several
of our vaxes. The VMS vaxes all print trailer pages after each job.
I was asked by our operations staff to fix it so that trailer pages
were printed after ULTRIX print jobs as well.

I figured it would be no problem, just look in the printcap man page and
see what the right entry to enable trailers was.

Surprise - it doesn't look like there is one. tr looked mildly promising,
but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Any suggestions?

-Mike

peirce@gumby.cc.wmich.edu (Leonard Peirce) (01/29/91)

In article <12755@hubcap.clemson.edu> hubcap@hubcap.clemson.edu (System Janitor) writes:
>We have several printers in our machine room that are shared by several
>of our vaxes. The VMS vaxes all print trailer pages after each job.
>I was asked by our operations staff to fix it so that trailer pages
>were printed after ULTRIX print jobs as well.

You'd probably have to write a new filter that would write a trailer
page.  I've wanted to do this for a while but I haven't had the time.
Does anyone out there have a filter that writes trailer pages?
--
Leonard Peirce                  Internet:  peirce@gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Western Michigan University                peirce@gw.wmich.edu