[comp.unix.ultrix] ckermit problem

aalto@cc.helsinki.fi (Erkki 'rkki' Aalto, University of Helsinki, Finland) (01/28/91)

Ckermit in our DS3100 has become unable to transfer files between PC and DS.
The problem seems to be independent of the version of either the ckermit or the
MS-kermit in the PC. File transfer seems to work if the PC is connected via a
TCP/IP terminal server but not if a DECserver is used. Is there perhaps a bug
in ULTRIX 4.0 LAT? Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Erkki Aalto

aalto@phcu.helsinki.fi

University of Helsinki, Finland

jv@mh.nl (Johan Vromans) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan28.102743.4681@cc.helsinki.fi> aalto@cc.helsinki.fi (Erkki 'rkki' Aalto, University of Helsinki, Finland) writes:

> Ckermit in our DS3100 has become unable to transfer files between PC and DS.
> The problem seems to be independent of the version of either the ckermit or the
> MS-kermit in the PC. File transfer seems to work if the PC is connected via a
> TCP/IP terminal server but not if a DECserver is used. Is there perhaps a bug
> in ULTRIX 4.0 LAT? Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Yep. I can receive, but not send.
I switched to NCSA Telnet... (though that required a FastPath box I
kept lying around).

	Johan
--
Johan Vromans				       jv@mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering bv		       uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv