[comp.unix.ultrix] Is rwalld broken in Ultrix 4.0?

schemers@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Roland Schemers III) (01/30/91)

In article <7443@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> barrett@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dan Barrett) writes:
>	Now it doesn't.  It hasn't for months.  We wrote our own "rwall"
>program and it also fails in the same way.  We invoke callrpc(), but it
>fails and perror() just says "bad file number".

I have been wondering the same thing myself. Sometimes it seems to work and
sometimes it doesn't. I have been getting complaints from people who are
using nfs mounted partitions that the machine they were mounted from was
shutdown without warning.

Roland

--
Roland J. Schemers III                              Systems/Network Manager
schemers@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ultrix)              Oakland University