[comp.unix.ultrix] Ultrix 4.1/DECnet 4.0 decnet mail problem

pemurray@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Peter Murray) (02/05/91)

In article <3667.27ab01c8@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu>, pemurray@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Peter Murray) writes:
> We had another problem after our Ultrix 4.1/DECnet 4.0 upgrade last
> week.  Mail can't be sent to our Ultrix machine now over DECnet
> (from either VMS or Ultrix).  Here's a script of the problem:

[...text deleted...]

> This worked under Ultrix 3.1, but not now.  Any suggestions?

Thanks to Fred Avolio from DEC for solving this problem.  It turns out
that the directory permissions for /var/tmp were supposed to be set to
777 (they were 755).  I'm not sure if this came from the Ultrix 4.1
install, the DECnet 4.0 install, or something we did locally after
the installs.  Look for it, though, if you have problems with DECnet mail.

Peter
--
Peter Murray            Neat UNIX Stunts #6:             pemurray@miavx1.bitnet
176 Thompson Hall         csh> ar m God           pmurray@apsvax.aps.muohio.edu