[comp.unix.ultrix] compliers for DECsystem 5000

edavis@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Ellen Davis) (02/02/91)

	I have Ultrix 4.1 running on a VAX 8650 and DECsystem 5000 (RISC).
The VAX version of Ultrix came with pascal,f77,modula2 and franz lisp
but not the RISC version (on the unsupported tape).  Why is this and
more importantly, how or where can I get this software for the 5000?
Thanks.

| Ellen Davis                                      Ellen.Davis@UC.Edu       |
| Phone: (513) 556-5681                                                     |
| University of Cincinnati Computing Center        edavis@ucunix.san.uc.edu |
| B3 Beecher Hall ML. 088                          edavis@ucbeh.bitnet      |
| Cincinnati, Ohio  45221                          ucbeh::edavis            |

frank@croton.enet.dec.com (Frank Wortner) (02/05/91)

> The VAX version of Ultrix came with pascal,f77,modula2 and franz lisp
> but not the RISC version (on the unsupported tape).  Why is this and
> more importantly, how or where can I get this software for the 5000?

FORTRAN and Pascal are layered products and are available from Digital.
If memory
serves, a nice Modula 2 compiler can be had via anonymous FTP from
gatekeeper.dec.com.
Lucid sells a LISP for DECstations and DECsystems.  There might also be
a freeware LISP
somewhere out there, but I can't recall.  FTP the file ls-lR.Z;  it's a
complete listing of
gatekeeper's public directories.

Hope this helps.

					Frank

mogul@wrl.dec.com (Jeffrey Mogul) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb1.172136.25283@ucunix.san.uc.edu> edavis@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Ellen Davis) writes:
>	I have Ultrix 4.1 running on a VAX 8650 and DECsystem 5000 (RISC).
>The VAX version of Ultrix came with pascal,f77,modula2 and franz lisp
>but not the RISC version (on the unsupported tape).  Why is this and
>more importantly, how or where can I get this software for the 5000?
>Thanks.

Available for anonymous FTP from gatekeeper.dec.com:
	pub/DEC/Modula-2/m2.vax.tar.Z
	pub/DEC/Modula-2/m2.mips.tar.Z

Also, there is a Scheme system on
	pub/DEC/Scheme-to-C/*