[comp.unix.ultrix] UUCP over SLIP

karl@grebyn.com (Karl A. Nyberg) (02/07/91)

I'd like to be able to do uucp over a SLIP connection.  I don't seem
to be able to find anything in the documentation that says this can be
done.  I've found something called tcpcon that I'm trying to make work
(so far unsuccessfully).  I know there's support for "t" protocol in
some version of uucp, but it doesn't appear the Ultrix is one of them.
Thoughts, suggestions, recommendations, sources (particularly free
ones),...

-- Karl --

p.s. And after all this, I'm gonna want to do remote mounts of
filesystems too! :-)

Karl A. Nyberg				karl@grebyn.com
Post Office Box 497			Grebyn Corporation
Vienna, VA 22183-0497 USA		+1-703-281-2194

In article <25296@grebyn.com> karl@grebyn.com (Karl A. Nyberg) writes:
> I'd like to be able to do uucp over a SLIP connection.  I don't seem
> to be able to find anything in the documentation that says this can be
> done.  I've found something called tcpcon that I'm trying to make work
> (so far unsuccessfully).  I know there's support for "t" protocol in
> some version of uucp, but it doesn't appear the Ultrix is one of them.
> Thoughts, suggestions, recommendations, sources (particularly free
> ones),...

Ultrix uucp traditionally doesn't support connections via internet
protocols.  I made it once work via an assortment of patches and the
BSD uucp daemon, but it was more effort than the result justified.