[comp.unix.ultrix] gif viewer for DECstation?

zag@oddjob.uchicago.edu (Zack Gardner) (02/09/91)

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but....

Is there a way to view gif files on a DECstation?

Thanks in advance,
Zack

iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (02/09/91)

In article <1991Feb9.004202.28463@midway.uchicago.edu> zag@oddjob.uchicago.edu (Zack Gardner) writes:

>I don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but....
>
>Is there a way to view gif files on a DECstation?

You can use xv from the X11R4 contrib archives on expo.lcs.uci.edu.
You'll probably need the X11R4 libraries too - that's the way I've
built it for our systems.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu
BITNET:      iglesias@uci
uucp:        ...!ucbvax!ucivax!iglesias

graham@fuel.nyo.dec.com (graham) (02/12/91)

(Zack Gardner) writes:

|> I don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but....
|>
|> Is there a way to view gif files on a DECstation?

I will add to the other suggestion already made.

You are entitled to the OSF/Motif toolkit and demos for ULTRIX.
If you don't already have it, then contact your salesperson.

Motifgif is in the /usr/lib/DXM/demos directory (after you have
installed the OSF/Motif pieces).

Internet: graham@fuel.enet.dec.com
UUCP:     ...!decwrl!fuel.enet.dec.com!graham

jimbo@itp.ucsb.edu (02/12/91)

|> I don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but....
|>
|> Is there a way to view gif files on a DECstation?
|>
|> Thanks in advance,
|> Zack

Get the xv program - you should be able to find it on gatekeeper.dec.com or
uunet.uu.net.

--

Jim Davidson, ITP UCSB
jimbo@avalon.itp.ucsb.edu