[comp.unix.ultrix] Traceroute...

hubcap@hubcap.clemson.edu (System Janitor) (11/02/90)

This is old news to some of you, but I just found this out:

  Dec has souped up the networking code in the kernel, and now
  you can run traceroute without hacking the kernel yourself. I just
  fetched a copy from relay.cs.net and dropped it onto my 5000 running
  4.0 and it compiled and runs with no changes.

-Mike

shahryar@sfsuvax1.SFSU.EDU (Persian Nightmare) (03/02/91)

Does anyone have a version of traceroute that they compiled under Ultrix 4.1?
If so, could you please give me a copy of it?  Only version I have is one for
Sun OS :-(.

Thanks,

Shahryar

--
'How weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable
Seem to me all the uses of this world!

iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (03/03/91)

In article <SHAHRYAR.91Mar2095307@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu> shahryar@sfsuvax1.SFSU.EDU (Persian Nightmare) writes:
>Does anyone have a version of traceroute that they compiled under Ultrix 4.1?
>If so, could you please give me a copy of it?  Only version I have is one for
>Sun OS :-(.

The traceroute available from ftp.ee.lbl.gov works on both Suns and
DECstations.  Get traceroute.tar.Z, uncompress/untar, type make
and you have traceroute.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu