[comp.unix.ultrix] Q-Bus MSCP/SMD Controller Sought

rauletta@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (R. J. Auletta) (04/03/91)

An odd assortment of people using a Vax3600 (Ultrix3.1) at
George Mason University (located in the Washington D.C. metropolitan
area) seek to acquire a controller for interfacing a Fujitsu
Eagle to a Vax3600. Hence the need to acquire a Q-Bus MSCP to SMD
controller.

We seek both suggestions on possible vendors but also sources
to purchase same at *extremely attractive prices*.
Should you or your organization have said controller and are no longer
in need of said controller the donation of the needed controller
would earn said person or organization the everlasting admiration and
respect of a "whole bunch of people".

(In other words we have the drive (from a dead 90x) but can't afford the
current new or surplus price of a controller and sure could use the diskspace.)

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated and can be posted
or aimed directly at the party responsible for this posting by
sending your cards and letters to:

R J Auletta
Electrical and Computer Engineering
rauletta@gmuvax2.gmu.edu
rauletta@sitevax.gmu.edu
(703)-764-6100

mike@UC780.UMD.EDU (Mike Santangelo) (04/05/91)

In article <4039@gmuvax2.gmu.edu>, rauletta@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (R. J. Auletta) writes:
>An odd assortment of people using a Vax3600 (Ultrix3.1) at
>George Mason University (located in the Washington D.C. metropolitan
>area) seek to acquire a controller for interfacing a Fujitsu
>Eagle to a Vax3600. Hence the need to acquire a Q-Bus MSCP to SMD
>controller.
>
>We seek both suggestions on possible vendors but also sources
>to purchase same at *extremely attractive prices*.
>Should you or your organization have said controller and are no longer
>in need of said controller the donation of the needed controller
>would earn said person or organization the everlasting admiration and
>respect of a "whole bunch of people".
>
>(In other words we have the drive (from a dead 90x) but can't afford the
>current new or surplus price of a controller and sure could use the diskspace.)
>
>Your comments and suggestions are appreciated and can be posted
>or aimed directly at the party responsible for this posting by
>sending your cards and letters to:
>
>R J Auletta
>Electrical and Computer Engineering
>rauletta@gmuvax2.gmu.edu
>rauletta@sitevax.gmu.edu
>(703)-764-6100

Try DILOG, they make several such interfaces for QBUS based systems
to SMD disks, emulate DEC MSCP disk protocol.  Your local contact
would be in N. Va, number here says (703)742-8285.  The hdqts number
in calif. is (714)937-5700, or (800)DILOG32.  Prices aren't too bad,
expect to pay between $800 and $1800 for it (if I recall correctly).

Michael F. Santangelo                 + Inet: mike@uc780.umd.edu
VMS / UNIX Systems                    +       mike@socrates.umd.edu
Academic Computing UMUC               + Bnet: MIKE@UC780
(The University of Maryland,          +       MIKE@UMUC (not visited often)
 University College)                  +<Your clever net-phrase here>